Vortex is a modern mod manager from Nexus Mods. It is designed to make it easy to install mods into your games, while providing maximum control over them.
Lead developer TanninOne (one of the developers of Mod Organizer), tried to combine in Vortex all the developments created during the development of MO and Nexus Mod Manager to provide a multifunctional and intuitive process for each user to install mods into your favorite games.
Vortex aims to solve complex tasks such as sorting the load order, managing mod files, automating the installation process, and using mods in order to achieve a stable game with minimal effort.
Updated both options: with automatic and custom installers.
Check out the fixes and improvements on the release page.
Numerous fixes in the Vortex Russian localization files according to the version.
With a new, fully customizable interface, Vortex makes it quick and easy to access tools and manage games, plugins,
downloads and game save.
Currently, Vortex has support for more than a hundred games, making it easy to find mods, keep abreast of the latest updates of modifications and news of the gaming industry, the ability to download modifications for them from nexusmods.com with one keypress
You can view the list of supported games on the “Games” tab
Vortex currently supports the installation and management of mods for games such as
Skyrim, Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR, The Elder Scrolls Online, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout 4 VR, Fallout New Vegas, The Witcher 2, The Witcher 3, Breaking Wheel, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2, Dragon’s Dogma, Factorio, Legend of Grimrock, Kerbal Space Program, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Mount & Blade, Mount & Blade: Warband, Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword, Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, No Man’s Sky, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Starbound, Stardew Valley, State of Decay, Subnautica, War Thunder, World of Tanks, etc.
The built-in LOOT-based automatic sorting system will manage the loading order of your plugins and help resolve mod conflicts. A feature-rich system with easy-to-use plugin management functions for manual sorting allows you to customize the loading order of your plugins.
In addition, Vortex has the ability to create multiple profiles for one game with different installed mods, individual settings, and saves for each profile that you can use for different playthroughs.
With Vortex, you can easily install the programs and tools needed to edit the game, such as FNIS, TES5Edit, Creation Kit, BodySlide and Outfit Studio and others, and use their functionality directly through this manager.
The ability to integrate FNIS into the manager will automatically launch it when installing mods that require an FNIS update.
Thanks to Tannin and the localization guys from different countries, it was possible to partially Russify the interface of this manager (I will post the Russian localization files using the optional link).
Due to the fact that Vortex has become the main manager at nexusmods.com, a decent information base and technical support from GitHub has been organized for him:
- an information base at nexusmods.com ;
- technical support on GitHub (in addition, in case of errors, you can contact the developers directly through the dashlet on the main page);
- at the Forum of our site, a section on the basics, questions and the Vortex information base has been created, in which you can create topics, ask questions about the manager’s work and help other users.
Requirements (rather strict):
- the presence of straight arms;
- the presence of a minimum number of convolutions.
How to painlessly switch from Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer 2 to Vortex read in “Vortex. Switching from another manager” topic. or under Migrating to Vortex from another Mod Manager at nexusmods.com.
On my own: The
translation has undergone many changes compared to the original version. I tried to make it more understandable for a Russian-speaking user. Unfortunately, many functions are still not subject to translation, and there are many changes to the old translation. Those who wish to correct the translation for themselves can always do this by simply editing localization files.
- Guys, before switching to this manager, think carefully, do you need its functionality?
- Are you ready to spend your time studying it?
- Not? Stay on NMM or MO!
- Have you decided to try it?
- Create copies of your managers’ files so that in case of something there that does not suit you, you can roll back to a more familiar manager.
Svetlana ( Miranda ) and Andrey ( k © ק aso√® ) for help and support))) Thank you))) It’s
very easy to update:
- Download the archive with the installer from the main link;
- We extract the installer to any place;
- Turn off your Vortex;
- Run the installer.
- Download the manager’s archive and choose one of the installer options (custom or automatic) from our website, or from the manager’s page at nexusmods.com ;
- Run the installer and install the manager;
- If you want to have a Russian-language manager interface, then after installing it, unpack the Russian localization files from the archive and place the folder ru along the path C: \ Program Files \ Black Tree Gaming Ltd \ Vortex \ resources \ locales: \ Program Files \ Black Tree Gaming Ltd \ Vortex \ resources \ locales, or (if you plan to edit an existing translation) put the ru folder along the path C: \ Users \ <username> \ AppData \ Roaming \ vortex \ locales. In the second case, we create the locales folder ourselves.
Disable the manager and activate the uninstaller.